Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does ProSeries suggest an amount in Sch A charitable input window? It should only accept exact numbers typed!

Chessie
Level 3

Why does ProSeries "suggest" an amount in charitable cash contributions input window on Schedule A? For example if I type 50, it remembers a previous amount and inputs 500 when I hit enter even though I only typed 50. 

Suggesting words or phrases as you type is fine.  But NEVER suggesting amounts!  And I shouldn't have to type the decimal every single time since numbers are rounded anyway. 

Proseries needs to fix this error.  2020 software is the first year I've had this issue and only in the charitable cash contributions window. I have to really watch for it otherwise I find overstated charitable deductions when I review.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
dascpa
Level 11

The 50 - 500 is a bug no one seems to have reported on this board.  I am having it a lot. Type in 50 and 500 pops up.  I thought it was my keyboard, now I know it's not. @Orlando can you look into this?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not loving the auto fill lines either...maybe if it was per client, but I hate when I type in something for one client and it autofills with an acct number from some other client.....can we turn this off?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

You can turn off the AutoFill feature in Tools, Options, in the Data Entry section.  

Chessie
Level 3

I like auto fill for words - that is helpful.

Auto fill for numbers is not helpful.  

But I appreciate knowing I can turn off autofill.  Thank you.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I get a bunch of typo misspelled words saved in there that trip me up! I wish we had a way to edit or clear out the junk ones!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers