Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my 2021 Amended Wisconsin return with an attachment Form 804 keep rejecting?

deb514
Level 3
I have the Form 804 attached using that heading for the attachment, but it keeps telling me I need to attach it?  And I really don't want to have to mail this in because it takes forever!
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont know WI or what an 804 is, but when you attached it, in the TYPE of attachment, are you sure you chose the correct description?   

For example if youre required to attach a an other state return and you dont choose OS in the list of attachment types, it wont recognize the attachment to be the correct type and youll get a rejection.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
deb514
Level 3

Hi Lisa,

Yes you can actually chose Form 804 from the list and my PDF description even states Form 804.  So that's why it doesn't make any sense to me.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

it may have something to do with it being an amended return....was it included with the original return as well?  I know I saw another post about having issues with attachments to a 1040X.

FWIW, I know EFiled federal amended returns arent processed much faster than mailed in ones, you just save mailing and envelope opening time, theyre still manually processed and take months..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
deb514
Level 3

This amendment is Wisconsin specific so I only need to amend the state return not the federal..

0 Cheers