Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we e-file with ProSeries is it eh IRS that is incompetent or is it Intuit?? My guess............Intuit

RGlover
Level 1
3 days AFTER the filing season opened still can't e-file
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
sptaxes
Level 2

AND when will we be able to download and file states such as NJ and NY??

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many people are filing just fine...what message do you get?  Is it a phantom error or does it tell you its not ready to File?

If its a phantom error, the yellow banner alert that went out yesterday should fix that, go to Tools > Options > Preparer Info and check the PTIN Verification box.

If its telling you that the forms arent ready to file, then you'll need to REPAIR UPDATES.  Close ProSeries, go to the Windows Start button and access your list of programs/app and find Proseries 2023, underneath it you will find a REPAIR option.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

@RGlover 

If you wish to disclose your specific issue, one of the volunteers here might be able to help with info and/or a work-around.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sptaxes
Level 2

Hi Lisa,

Do you know if NJ and NY are able to be downloaded via updating the software? These states do not show download for me. Let me know if you have any information. Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

NY looks like it should be ready, at least most forms, NJ shows today is the day it should be ready, but you may not see an update until later this afternoon.  You can follow the release dates here 

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?product=PROSERIES&bu=PRO...

Youre sure youve got NY checked in the list in Update > Select and Download New Products ? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Camp1040
Level 10

I have filed a NY return in PS Basic and it worked just fine, even received acceptance notice this morning, (return was filed yesterday evening).

Glossy847
Level 3

New York is available.  Don't know about NJ  I have e-filed 5 NY returns without an issue

Glossy847
Level 3

E-filing is working fine  Take Lisa's advice