Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why aren't state returns available?

learningtaxes
Level 1

in prior years, we may not have been able to print or efile state returns before the release dates, but the returns were at least available in proseries where we could work on them.  am i dreaming or can anyone confirm that this year's lack of state returns in the 1065's is definitely different than past years?

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I can't explain them all, but in some instances a few states were late to the party getting forms finalized this year which pushes back the timeline for Intuit to get some usable forms out the door.

Slava Ukraini!
cll1957
Level 1

I agree. PA s-corp and partnership returns arent even listed....

Yet they are on the PA website and other software companies do not have this delay problem.

It has been frustrating in past years, and this year is the worst.

JRC
Level 8

Last year we worked on state returns prior to Intuit finalizing them and had to redo many of them because Intuit updated the Forms on Wisconsin returns replacing forms we had already worked on!  This created a huge mess for us having to review the returns we already completed and returns that were not transferred yet from the State's prior year.  HUGE MESS for us to clean up.

rbynaker
Level 13

I'm wondering if this has to do with all of the new federal K-1 codes.  I would think that many of the new codes at the federal level have to be programmed to get reported somewhere at the state level.