Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Philadelphia NPT and BIRT returns rejecting?

curt1
Level 4

Client needs to file a No Tax Liability BIRT. Proseries accepts the e-file initially but later rejects saying a bunch of fields are missing (name, address, email...) but they are not missing.

Client also needs to file Net Profits (NPT) return. Proseries accepts the e-file initially but later rejects saying missing "Account ID".  There is no "Account ID" on the form.

Does any of this have to do with the taxpayer not having a PHTIN from the city of brotherly love?

(Tech support no help. They told me to submit a product enhancement to fix Proseries edits not to initially accept the e-file without a PHTIN, if that's what Philly requires. We all know what happens to product enhancement requests...)

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
maria5
Level 1

I'm wondering the same thing. In past years, I would include the SS or the EIN and use all 0s for the PHTIN (If they didn't have one). But now it is rejecting the returns if the SS field is filled out......  face palm. 

0 Cheers