Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are emailed password returns not working; why are states returns not printing to pdf.

JeffCPA
Level 4

I have this problem every year it seems.  When I got to email a password protected return--using this email feature within proseries print functionality--it does not work.   I have the 64 bit email functionality selected.    This feature just never really seems to work, and I was hoping it would this year.  I know of all the work arounds, and being able to save the client's pdf password protected, and then just send it in a separate email, but that is a nuisance. 

Also, is anyone having trouble getting their "Preparer's copy" to fully print to a pdf.   In any given return, I can select the "client copy" and the full federal and state returns print to a pdf.  But then when I do that same thing for the same client, but select "preparer's copy" the federal return prints to pdf, but wihtout the state.   This has happened the last several years as well, and is never fixed.    Very frustrating.  Thanks for any insight. 

0 Cheers