Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are certain 1099 files being rejected when using Quick Employers forms?

neycpa
Level 2

I file W-2's, 1099-int, 1099-nec and/or 1099-misc for approximately 30 clients.  I've used the Quick Employer forms for the last 5 years and never experienced a rejection.  This year 7 of the 30 clients with 1099's were rejected for payer id name and/or number not matching IRS records.  6 of the 7 were clients that were simply transferred from 2022 to 2023.  All 7 are individuals who use their social security number as their ID.  In 1 case I've filed the payer's 2023 individual income tax return and it was accepted without question so I'm pretty sure the taxpayer name and ID number match the IRS records. I've called Customer Support 3 separate times and been told to update my program and it will be fixed and that if it's not the only option is to paper file.  This is not acceptable.  I'm confident that there some issue with the rewrite of the Quick Employer forms that has not been addressed.  Is anyone else having these types of issues?  If I can't get these issues resolved I will be forced to purchase other software to efile these forms. Thank you for any ideas you may have to assist me!

0 Cheers