Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to enter Section 41(g) credit carryover from 2021

Summer2021
Level 4

I have a new individual client who had a R&D Section 41(g) credit carryover from 2021.  Where should this carryover be entered in proseries?  

On From 3800 worksheet under Credit Carryovers & Carrybacks and check box 1c.   The return took the whole credit which I don't think is correct.  

Does anyone know where to put the Scetion 41(g) credit from prior year?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Summer2021
Level 4

I actually can't recall how I fixed the problem.  I believe the issue went away after I answered 2022 gross income from this source.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

What form from prior year return shows there is a credit carryforward ?   Wouldn't that be the same form to enter credit carryforward on for 2022?   

Bottom of Form 3800 worksheet is where it will flow to from the Carryover worksheet  line 18  and then you will need to complete description details at bottom of F3800

0 Cheers
Summer2021
Level 4

Thank you @dkh .

I got it resolved.  

dkh
Level 15

Glad you got it resolved.    Will you post your resolution so it can help others.  Then mark your response as the SOLUTION.    So it can be found when someone does a search regarding   Section 41(g)

Have a great day.

Summer2021
Level 4

I actually can't recall how I fixed the problem.  I believe the issue went away after I answered 2022 gross income from this source.