Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the 'direct link' to the advanced technical support reps to report program problems?

gbayus
Level 3

I know, there is NONE.  

1) Attempting to print just the current form....display box says "No Active Form"!

2) Letter and Invoice icons in icon bar frequently grayed out

3) Tax Planning worksheet automatically inserting $1700 refundable child care credit in the 2024 tax year.

Where do we submit our invoice for 'quality review services"?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

sjrcpa_0-1708286030269.png

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, these have been reported frequently already. 

Im guessing since tax calculations and finalized forms are more important than program function (and the functions still function, you just have to jump through a few hoops), theyre on the back burner for "things that need to be fixed".

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#1 & #2 are easily fixed by closing and re-opening OR going to the state and then returning to the federal.  Yes, we shouldn't have to do that but don't expect Intuit to fix that anytime soon.  It seems they have many more pressing fires to address.

As for #3, from using this program for 30 years and seeing how they operate, it is probably not a high priority either, as they are trying to get 2023 to work properly and aren't too concerned with 2024 planning issues.  Maybe they are anticipating the extenders bill passing and some programmer fat fingered $1700 instead of $1900?

0 Cheers

That does touch on a REAL sore subject with me.  Why does Intuit intentionally waste our time?  They should be billed for it.  Why does the customer service rep we speak with have to type up our problem and sent it to someone else?  He/she can sign into our computer and see the problem.  If we are really lucky, they will understand the problem.  But our chances of having it solved rest solely on his/her ability to succinctly type up the issue to someone who knows where in the world who is not seeing the problem on their screen.  Too many times, the response has been to try something not even remotely connected to my issue.  It is like trying to communicate to someone when neither of you understand the other's language.  It is more than frustrating, inefficiency at its best, and rarely results in a solution.  I truly believe Intuit doesn't care.

I have expressed why I am still here in other threads.  I see retirement in the not too distant future and do not want to learn a new program.  But if you are reading this and don't remember Ronald Reagan as President, then I would seriously consider a new software vendor.

gbayus
Level 3

I've had to use the program for 35 years. I know they won't fix anything that we put up. It was meant as an ongoing every year joke

dascpa
Level 11

More "administrative software problems" this year than most.  What amazes me is things that worked before don't work now.  The print a specific form or print the letter has worked for the last thousand years.  What could have changed, other than software engineer stupidity, to have this stop working now?  Other items like when a form will be approved I give them leeway as we don't see the behind the scenes with the tax agencies approval process.  For $199 (previously, now $1,100) QB desktop worked fine.  For almost $8,000 this software is severely lacking and knowledgeable customer service seems to be non-existent.