Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where on the Federal 1099R form do I put the information on MD pickup contribution?

mlthomas26
Level 3
My client is retired from MD State and they received a 1099-R with an amount in box 19.  Where do I put this information on the Federal 1099R worksheet so they can get the credit in MD?
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

Box 19-1 for the pickup amount on the 1099-R worksheet.  Then code P in the State use code box.  If pickup is fully used you will put EP in the State use code box.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The 1099R worksheet has a Box 19...actually its got boxes 19-1 and 19-2 in 2 totally different places (19-2 is much further down the page), do either of those boxes get the figure to go where its supposed to?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Or is there a separate peg to put it on in the MD software?

Slava Ukraini!
mlthomas26
Level 3

No, adding the income here does not work.  There is a place in MD software but it must be put in the federal worksheet first.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Box 19-1 for the pickup amount on the 1099-R worksheet.  Then code P in the State use code box.  If pickup is fully used you will put EP in the State use code box.

Gina3110
Level 1

After entering the date in the 1099-R, you can put the State distribution in box 19, but I also had to enter it on the page over that says "Other Information".  You will see a box that says "Pick up Contributions from 1099-R (502 filers),  enter the state distribution amount.   Once I put it there, it was taxed appropriately

0 Cheers