Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where on Basic IRS do you change due date payment regarding California disaster 10/15/23

darocco
Level 5

I was able to change FTB to accept later date for payment but cannot find anywhere on 1040 info to make change.  Been on phone with Intuit for over an hour and still have not gotten a resolution to this.

Thanks in advance

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can't.   IRS wont reprogram their systems nor will Intuit just for a delayed due date for certain counties in certain states.

If people want to pay after 4/18, give them a voucher to mail in, or they can make payment on IRS Direct Pay 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

You should have checked here first, it has been discussed. You would have saved the hour with Support.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

That’s what I thought but customer service kept saying it could. Also, looks like no problem with FTB return. There is a box to check off to extend  date and monies taken from account.

thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I didnt even notice that CA allowed it, Im sticking with the original due dates here, if people want to pay later, they can do it themselves.

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

I am following regular due dates for 99% of my clients. Unfortunately, there are the few that want to drag out the payment. You just know… there will be erroneous penalty notices later on ( which I do not want to deal with). 

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Don't know about CA but for Hawaii it goes on the Hawaii return, not on the 1040 if the payment is for Hawaii.  Check CA instructions

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive been handing out alot of vouchers along with the website payment addresses for both Fed and State, if they want to wait, they can make the payment themselves when theyre ready. 

0 Cheers