Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Rhode Island 1040X in 2021 Proseries?

curt1
Level 4

Trying to amend 2021 income between NY and RI.  Not sure why I don't see the RI 1040X form in PS?  There's an amendment explanation form, but not the actual RI 1040X. Please don't make me call the help desk...

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

I don't prepare RI returns but maybe this info will help    Indiana recently added at check box on the IT40 for amending returns and made the IT-40X obsolete....... could the same possibly have happened for RI ??

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

I don't prepare RI returns but maybe this info will help    Indiana recently added at check box on the IT40 for amending returns and made the IT-40X obsolete....... could the same possibly have happened for RI ??

curt1
Level 4

I looked but did not see an amendment check box on the RI return.  The actual form 040X on RI's website has a layout similar to the federal 1040X (reported amt., change, revised amt.).

Thanks for the idea.  I guess I have to call support. 

curt1
Level 4

You were correct!  I was looking for the amend button on the RI Info Wksht tab but it's located on the actual RI form 1040.  Now I have to figure out why the RI and NY amended returns won't populate in Proseries.

Thank you!

@curt1 

Curt1, are you a Rhode Island preparer?  I have a RI Non-resident 1040 and the RI NOL is not listed as a Carryover to 2024.  I am hoping there are RI preparers lurking around.

I use lacerte.

0 Cheers