Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in Pro Series can a dependent list she is being claimed?

The dependent parents will claim her on their return.  The dependent wants to file a federal and state return to get back the withholdings from her W2s. The dependent does not want to claim herself.  Where in Pro Series can I show that the dependent is being claim on another tax return?  Thanks. 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Information worksheet - scroll down for a bit and you will find it

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You really should take some time to explore all the checkboxes on the Federal information worksheet.  The dependent boxes are under Part X, but there LOTS of stuff in there you should become familiar with.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my question. Much appreciated.

Seems like we just had a similar discussion just a few days ago.  If you mess up any of those boxes in haste to get Jr. $5 back, you are going to have some mighty pi$$ed off parents when their return rejects.

My personal policy is kids returns are only filed AFTER the parents return has been accepted on the theory it is easier to fix the return of a kid than it is the parent.