Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does ProSeries Schedule H see unemployment contributions to states?

davetodd11
Level 5
I have a client who has household employees who are all Vermont residents.  On Schedule H, Part II, Line 10 I have checked Yes, but am getting an error stating this is wrong because it says the client "paid unemployment contributions to more than one state".  This is incorrect.  Where is ProSeries getting that info from?
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davetodd11
Level 5

I figured it out right after I submitted this one, but it wasn't showing up in my submitted issues.  Vermont had two different rates in 2022 - 0.4 in Q1/Q2 and 0.8 in Q3/Q4.  Because of this I had to break them out with two separate VT entries.  ProSeries just isn't smart enough to catch this and thought the client paid two different states.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't done a schedule H in a lot of years, but I think you need to look closely at the form to find if you clicked on something wrong or if the form made a bad assumption that you need to change.

Slava Ukraini!
davetodd11
Level 5

I figured it out right after I submitted this one, but it wasn't showing up in my submitted issues.  Vermont had two different rates in 2022 - 0.4 in Q1/Q2 and 0.8 in Q3/Q4.  Because of this I had to break them out with two separate VT entries.  ProSeries just isn't smart enough to catch this and thought the client paid two different states.