Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter info to have NYS estimated tax payments automatically withdrawn?

JRFS K
Level 3

Good morning.  I want to set up auto withdrawal of federal and NYS estimates for client.  I have the federal set up to come out automatically.  NYS will efile the quarterly estimates, but I can't find where I need to check to have payments come out automatically.  My letter instructs the client to mail in a check.  I'm assuming if the estimates can be filed electronically, payments can be auto withdrawn.  I did complete Part VI on the federal worksheet to have estimates electronically filed.  Thank you for any help. 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
GodFather
Level 8

I believe New York is one of the states that needs to be set up on the Federal Info Worksheet.  Scroll down and you should see information for Estimated Taxes with certain states listed.  NY should be one of those. 

0 Cheers
JRFS K
Level 3

I did set it up on the federal worksheet, and I have all 4 payments chosen to electronically file.  My client letter correctly states federal estimates will be automatically withdrawn, but the letter instructs the client to mail in NYS estimates.  I know I'm missing something.  On the federal est worksheet I "x" box to choose auto withdraw of payments.  I don't see anything like that for NYS (either on federal worksheet or NYS worksheet)

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

Below where you set up the estimated payments, there is a box asking for the closest payment to the current date.  Do you have that box checked?  

0 Cheers
JRFS K
Level 3

Is that box on the federal or NYS worksheet?  I didn't see it.  I'm not sure what I clicked, but now my letter instructs them to mail voucher, then a paragraph stating the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th vouchers will be auto withdrawn.  The client is only making 3 estimates to NYS.  I would like to remove the paragraph that tells the client to send in voucher.

0 Cheers