Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter CA pass through entity tax payment?

sharol
Level 3
I think it should be reported on CA Schedule K-1 in the credits section. How do I get the payment where it should be?
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day...for a 1065, check off the box on the CA info worksheet for Form 3804.  Then go to each participating members' Sch K1 and check off the box on the bottom that they are participating.  Then go to the 3804 and you will see the selected partners listed.  Then...let's see...go back to the Sch K1 for each partner and put their amount into a special allocation box.  Take the total from the 3804 and go to 568 pg 5-6 to Line 15F and enter it there.  Yep.  I think that's correct.  I don't think it flows to the CA K1 automatically.

The trick, of course, is that you can only do this for amounts paid in 2021.

0 Cheers
SharolOliver
Level 1

The amount on CA K-1 line 15F should be the tax that was paid not the amount on the 3804. Line 15F says to attach statement but doesn't allow that. The only thing I could figure out is to override line 15F with the correct amount. But there should be a statement attached that shows the amount calculated on 3804, the amount paid and the balance due. 

0 Cheers
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day...that's true that in your case the amount on the 3804 might not equal the amount paid.  In my circumstance, it is, which is why I noted that it was the trick.  It will be the same for 2022, so I'm good to go.  If a different amount was paid, enter that into 15F and allocate it.  I do not receive a diagnostic saying to attach a file.  I do have an issue with "human name" vs. "trust name" but I'll sort that out soon enough.

0 Cheers