Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i check a box on a 1120S so that on the k1 it should show box 14 (A) to have the social security figure?

shf1957
Level 7

Help, I can't find the area to make this ordinary income/loss be also placed on line 14 with an A for social security income or loss.    I've been through each page of the program and I am not seeing the area to check so this happens.  PLEASE tell me what I am not doing and where to do it...Please.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

No such box.  Sub S earnings aren’t subject to SE taxes.  Wages paid out to the shareholder are subject to Social Security and Medicare like wages paid to anyone else 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
shf1957
Level 7

Its a single party,  that builds homes.  He does the manual labor etc...  I am looking at each line and don't see where it can be.. .unless i just over ride it and type it in... but should be a box to check so he is required to report it on a personal income tax schedule SE. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No such box.  Sub S earnings aren’t subject to SE taxes.  Wages paid out to the shareholder are subject to Social Security and Medicare like wages paid to anyone else 

Slava Ukraini!
shf1957
Level 7

Thank you IRonMaN..   

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

To clarify: "Its a single party, that builds homes. He does the manual labor etc... I am looking at each line and don't see where it can be.. .unless i just over ride it and type it in... but should be a box to check so he is required to report it on a personal income tax schedule SE. "

Who prepared the 1120S? Your taxpayer works for their S Corp. They are not SE. They are supposed to get payroll. You, preparing their 1040, would use their W2, issued by the S Corp.

Your taxpayer does not report the business gain or loss on the SE, because that would come from having a self-employed business, as is reported on a Sched C. Your taxpayer won't have a Sched C for this same business, because this business stands alone as an S corp. That's why it is an S Corp, reporting on form 1120S, and then passing through the info to the shareholder, which is your taxpayer as Employee-Shareholder.

There is no Owner, in this case.

Even if that business has a loss on the 1120S, the taxpayer would have payroll payments, and the S Corp had to report and pay payroll and payroll taxes. If that did not happen, whoever is in charge of the financial management of the S Corp has done it wrong.

Hope that helps.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.