Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE CAN I FIND LLC ON BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE OF CALIFORNIA

CARL2
Level 2

I CAN NOT FIND LLC FORM ON BOTH CALIF. STATE AND FEDERAL

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

First make sure that the CA 568 has been installed. Top menu bar Update > Select and Download New Products and make sure the CA LLC box is checked.   Its right below CA in the list.

Then you need to check the LLC box on either the Fed Sch C or Sch E, the 568 wont pull the figures over if that box isnt checked. See screen shots below for the location.

Sch E

schellc.png

Sch C

schcllc.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What kind of LLC?  Single member, Multi member? LLC elected to be taxed as a corporation?

0 Cheers
CARL2
Level 2

ON THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, I CAN NOT FIND FOR 568  LLC

0 Cheers
CARL2
Level 2

SINGLE MEMBER

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Again, is this for a single member LLC that is a disregarded entity and will be using Sch C or Sch E on the federal 1040 for the LLC income/expenses?  

or is this  multi member LLC that will require a partnership return?  or maybe its a corporation?

I can help you find what you need, but you need to provide more information

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

First make sure that the CA 568 has been installed. Top menu bar Update > Select and Download New Products and make sure the CA LLC box is checked.   Its right below CA in the list.

Then you need to check the LLC box on either the Fed Sch C or Sch E, the 568 wont pull the figures over if that box isnt checked. See screen shots below for the location.

Sch E

schellc.png

Sch C

schcllc.png

0 Cheers
CARL2
Level 2

THIS IS A CORPORATION ON BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE OF CALIFORNIA.  LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY RETURN OF INCOME  FOR 568.  I CAN NOT FIND IT ON MY SOFTWARE.(PROGRAM)

0 Cheers
CARL2
Level 2

THANKS A LOT, I WILL TRY IT.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once youve marked the LLC box on the fed, then when you switch to State you'll see the regular CA Individual and the CA Limited Liability choices in the menu, you'll need to file both for that client.

callc.png

0 Cheers