Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will forms be ready to Efile????? Wages on schedule C and 1065/1120S K1's have not been approved. Tax season will be over before they're approved.

mpdelleree
Level 2

Delayed until Feb 14---now delayed until Feb 21---the K1 forms are a big holdup. 

11 Comments 11
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

i had a schedule C with wages and i just entered the word WAGES in the other expense section and entered the amount. volia.. it went through.. nothing is going to happen.. the final result is the same. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does QBI compute correctly when you dont put wages in the wages box? 

I get a different QBI amount when I shuffle wages out of Line 26 into Other Expenses.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

for the high income taxpayers. one i did was small figures

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Probably not a "one size fits all" workaround.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ship
Level 1

This is ridiculous    They (irs and intuit) are going to reduce out tax season to one month by the time their done with us.  Let alone the **bleep** public traded partnership K1's.  

Two year or less till retirement..... Thank God.,

bheizer
Level 4

And schedule F  too due to opportunity job credits....My farmers are due March 1 and I have a bunch of farmers so its difficult waiting until last minute....now its saying Feb 23rd...they keep moving the goalpost.

As of now none of my clients will get any opportunity job credits so I don't understand if I put zero on the respective line, why shouldn't I be able to efile those returns?

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

If there is no credits, I don't know what you are waiting for.  Print the darn return, have clients sign e-file forms, give clients copy, get paid and sit back and wait until fix is in.  It is not going to change return.  You can print these returns.

You do have to start a pile with those e-file papers to wait for fix to e-file.  I e-file 20-30 returns a day and it takes maybe 20 seconds to e-file each client.  So as long as they fix by 3/01 I think we can manage.

PATAX
Level 15

@Ship 👍👍👍 so many tax preparers have had enough of this combined b******* over the years from all sides. You wouldn't believe how many tax professionals have retired early or are going to retire early, especially Sole Proprietors. What a joke.

0 Cheers
bheizer
Level 4

But its now saying the forms won't be ready until Feb 28th....I have to efile farmers March 1 to avoid penalties.....if they wouldn't keep moving the goalpost I wouldn't worry but they have moved it I think 3 or 4 times. I have lost count!!!

0 Cheers
bheizer
Level 4

Been on phone with ProSeries for over an hour...finally they came up with a solution to efiling returns that won't convert due to the jobs opportunity credit....BTW they said that form is 8 pages to fill out...geez..

When you go to convert you need to uncheck the box at bottom of the convert and transmit form.

Brainstrom
Level 4

I am so glad you said this, I have been so frustrated with getting a date for updates. Then the next day the update is bummed back again. We pay good money for these programs and get the run around..>>> Is tax season over YET!!!

0 Cheers