Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Form 8990 be added to Proseries Professional 1040?

ALR7
Level 2

11 Comments 11
ckrol1l
Level 1

Agreed.  This form is needed within ProSeries Professional.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Please also add Form 8864 to ProSeries!!!!!!!!

0 Cheers

There was a particular place to make inquiries about particular improvements that ProSeries needs.  Does anyone know where that is so we can add the 8990 in the 1040 program?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Find a wishing well somewhere near where you live and drop a quarter in it.  You will have better odds of seeing your form going that route than posting to the Intuit wishing well.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can add your vote here

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/form-8990-addition/idc-p/152441#...

But it gets the amount of attention that Jeff IRonMaN noted

Ex-AllStar
ALR7
Level 2

Thank you for the link sjrcpa! I just added my vote to "Form 8990 Addition."  I would encourage others to do the same.

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitGabiU   Are you still with Intuit?  If so, please give a status update. 

The tax forms and the worksheets that are missing from the Intuit ProSeries software should be a programming HIGH PRIORITY!!  No user of the PS software should have to vote to get Intuit to program  the current tax laws into the current software version.

The Business interest deduction limitation AND the NOL 80% of the excess taxable income limitations were enacted in the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act [TCJC].  That is FIVE tax filing seasons ago.  FIVE!

The NOL 80% limitation worksheets are already incorporated in the PS Business software.  Send your PS 1040 programmers over to the 1120 module, steal it, modify it, then install it into the 1040 module.   

IntuitGabi

@The_AntiTax_Man Thanks for the message. I'll let you know what I find out on this topic. 

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Thank you @IntuitGabi 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

As it stands at the moment, Form 8990 will not be supported in ProSeries 1040 for Tax year 2023. 

0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

It would really be helpful if this form was added to the 1040 package, even if not fully integrated.  It has the potential to be 'highly' iterative in the tax computations, and tracking carryforward information for PTE investments (i.e., EBIE, etc.) would be a plus so as not to lose those deductions going forward.  Might suggest integration with the NOL Classification worksheet with an additional (third) column for sourcing  income/deductions from PTEs to calculate ATI additions and subtractions.  Expanded integration with that ever-elusive basis statement worksheet would be another great addition to yet another parallel tax system.  Just a suggestion.