Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I do a MN resident that has WI income the program does not complete the M1CR

Suesabell
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a new and improved form especially made for WI - M1RCR

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
WI and MN no longer have a reciprocity agreement. no form M1CR. You just file a 1NPR,
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But you still want to file the M1RCR to get credit in Minnesota for the taxes paid in Wisconsin.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Suesabell
Level 3
I know what forms to file, it was so nice when it flowed from Federal to the states now I have to do it by hand
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
What do you have to do by hand?  I just did a MN resident working in WI return last night and the form auto populated.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Suesabell
Level 3
I have not been able to get it to auto populate, that is my question  I did the federal non resident forms and it still does not
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
So you checked the nonresident box on the bottom of the federal information worksheet and noted Wisconsin as the nonresident state and the client is marked as being a resident of MN for the year?  You then prepared the WI return and it reported the proper WI withholding on the nonresident return?  Lastly, you are looking at the M1RCR instead of the M1CR?  If you have done all of that, it should flow automatically.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a new and improved form especially made for WI - M1RCR

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers