Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we file Mass taxes. I keep getting an error when transmitting

Joe Carter
Level 3

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Joe Carter
Level 3

It works now.  Thank you for fixing it!!!!!!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you run through the Review button on the toolbar that usually gives some clues as to what the hold up is, but you may want to check if its a form thats not final yet thats holding you up

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?product=PROSERIES&bu=PRO...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
LeicesterMa
Level 2

I'm having a similar issue with Massachusetts. No errors in the forms, just when trying to file Ma returns. Other states, no problem.

My error code is (54) tax year 2022 transmissions are not available. Proseries is not ready to process tax year 2022 for this return.

Let me know if you get resolved.

I did call proseries and they said wait a few days, it may clear up????

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi   I saw someone else over in the FB group with a similar message, that error 54 usually means an update is needed but no updates seem to be available.  I think he person over in the FB group even tried the Repair Updates and still had an issue.

0 Cheers
Joe Carter
Level 3

That is my problem as well.  Error 54.  I was on tech support for an 1.5 hours and the best they could tell me was uninstall the program and reinstall.  That was the best answer they could come up with.  I said that was a Fu**ed up solution.  What happens with all the tax returns I already filed and approved by the IRS

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Uninstalling and reinstalling you dont lose any client data, BUT Im not sure if that will fix it to be honest.  Ive posted this issue to a place that Intuit employees will see it quicker, hopefully we can get some advice about it soon!

0 Cheers
LeicesterMa
Level 2

Someone suggested to uninstall the 1040 product then re-download it.

I tried this but it didnt work. I'll wait until tomorrow and see if there was a fix from Proseries . It's difficult when you have close to 100 returns to file with Ma and you can't do it. Soon the clients will be calling asking how long does it take to get refunds, when all their buddies are getting theirs.????? Time is not on my sidel

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

its still only January, people need to chill out!

0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

If the taxpayer is filing the Resident income tax return they should now be able to e-file. Try again and they should go through. If they are filing a Part Year or Nonresident those forms are not yet available. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Joe Carter
Level 3

It works now.  Thank you for fixing it!!!!!!