Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When attempting to Log In to Pro Series 2019 2018 2017 and 2016 to check on what version I have, the sign in screen just keeps spinning around and therefore I cannot enter my username or password to get into these years to check the version

dan3322
Level 2

0 Cheers
16 Comments 16
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Just up date all the programs from the windows start menu, and do not open program to up date

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11
tax456
Level 4

I also get the same spinning icon and I am attempting to update from the Start menu.

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

I attempted from the Start menu and got the same issue.

dan3322
Level 2

I am going to call customer support. I had no problems with 2022 2021 or 2020. Very Frustrating. Even if you could update from the windows start menu, if you eventually needed to get into those years the spinning would more than likely still appear....

tax456
Level 4

I contacted support and was unable to get the issue resolved because they had me download the program again and when I tried to run it, it thinks that I am running an update somewhere.  I checked and didn't see it running anywhere, going to have to get our IT person involved to check it an update is running on our server..

I also cannot open Pro2016-2018 without getting an error about permission to the "common" files folder.

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

Do Tool Repair updates (from Windows Start Menu) and it will work if it is still giving you issues.

tax456
Level 4

I was finally able to update.  Had to tweak a few things, since the installs were done on our old server.  The path was pointing to that old server, so a new install had to take place for some older years.

0 Cheers
ray_CDC
Level 2

how do you do that?  

0 Cheers
ray_CDC
Level 2

Where do I find the tools repair updates in the windows start menu?

0 Cheers
ray_CDC
Level 2

Just as the thread title says, I get spinning beachballs when I try to log in.  I'm on a stand alone system.  

I don't tinker with my machine's settings on my own without advice and instructions.  Did support solve the problem?  

Any advice?

Thanks for your consideration.

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

Support didn't resolve the issue for me, instead of solving the server redirect issue, they wanted me to do a fresh install of the programs.  I chose to not do that and contacted our IT dept.  They agreed that we didn't need a new install.

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

click Start, then go to Proseries XX (year), you should see it there

0 Cheers
dan3322
Level 2

support had no clue as to how to solve the problem. You would think they would know what to do or do some sort of universal fix....otherwise will not be able to access 2019 2018 2017 2016 programs if needed. Terrible customer service. 

0 Cheers
ray_CDC
Level 2

Support said it's a known problem.  The fix on Windows 10 is:

1. Go to the Start Menu.

2. Look for yellow ProSeries 20XX folder.

3. Open the folder and you will see ProSeries Update icon.

4. Doubleclick icon and the 20xx version will update.

5. Once updated, click the regular login icon.  d

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

there have email blasts the last few months urging users to update those years.