Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are we going to get a fix for the 2018 printing issue? It is getting ridiculous that the program is shutting down every time why try to print!

erinandkendra
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im doing some trouble shooting here...Ive uninstalled all the business modules to see if maybe that's where the problem is coming from...uninstalling the 1040NR earlier this week worked for me and got rid of the printing issues for several days, but an update yesterday hosed the printing functions again.

@erinandkendra Can you print to PDF?   I can print to PDF then open the PDF outside of PS and it prints fine....I cant print the PDF if it opens within PS though.

So far Im able to print to my printer today...we'll see how it goes. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Ernie
Level 9
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) @Matt105 @Charlene_At_Intuit This is a serious issue.  Why is no manager from support / programming here answering these questions?
0 Cheers
erinandkendra
Level 1
Exactly!!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im doing some trouble shooting here...Ive uninstalled all the business modules to see if maybe that's where the problem is coming from...uninstalling the 1040NR earlier this week worked for me and got rid of the printing issues for several days, but an update yesterday hosed the printing functions again.

@erinandkendra Can you print to PDF?   I can print to PDF then open the PDF outside of PS and it prints fine....I cant print the PDF if it opens within PS though.

So far Im able to print to my printer today...we'll see how it goes. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
linette
Level 5
I gave up trying to get them to fix the printing problems and this year am printing to PDF as Lisa mentioned.  It takes about twice as long to get the print and the system doesn't consistently go to PDF the first time I send it, but at least I can keep punching keys and not have to check the printer so see what is actually printing.
0 Cheers
erinandkendra
Level 1
Yes, we can print to PDF as long as our PDF folder is closed. But like you said, it takes longer. It is just a pain and I don't understand why they are not addressing this issue. It's not a consistent problem so we think it may be fixed...but it always come back.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Uninstall all of your nonessential modules (states, business packages, whatever) not needed at this time to free up memory.  If you need them later, add them back as needed, but dump them for now.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers