Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in a Name ...

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Aren't you glad that Intuit is changing the names of our products AGAIN?  /s

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/receive-important-emai...

If only they would put their efforts into the SOFTWARE rather than the useless names.

The URL of this forum starts with "proconnect".  Is that going to change?  If so, does that mean that the few 'links' that actually DO work now will be obsolete and not work?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

After thinking about it, the name seems rather inappropriate because the majority of users of the tax software are not "accountants".  72.7% of PTIN holders are not CPAs.

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/return-preparer-office-federal-tax-return-preparer-statistics

So I guess that Intuit wants to exclude 72.7% of potential customers.  Maybe Intuit is saying the major of their professional tax customers should go elsewhere.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I got the e-mail, read it and rolled my eyes.  If they didn't do the name change they might have been able to keep 2020 rates closer to the 2019 costs instead of the 5 percent increase.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I think a name change is a good idea (Proconnect to 'what') but can't say the new one makes any more sense. 

Product of too many folks sitting around with too much time on their hands?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't understand why it needs to have an additional name at all.  Why does "ProSeries" and "Lacerte" and "Lacerte Online" need to 'extra' words, such as "ProConnect" or "Intuit Accountants"?

As as I edited above, "accountants" seems quite inappropriate, seeing as how 72.7% of PTIN holders are NOT "accountants".

IRonMaN
Level 15

I am willing to help negotiate a deal to change everything to ACME 😀

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I would hate to tarnish Acme's name by having it associated with Intuit ...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Excellent point 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Intuit Accountants does not reflect Tax Preparation, either. So, this should open the forum to Accountants? Oh, wait, this forum already is open to anyone.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Is Intuit's long-range plan to force professional tax accountants from ProSeries  to Lacerte?

0 Cheers