Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if you only had a real 2021 disaster to report on 8915-F

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

What if you only had a real 2021 qualified disaster distribution? (not the 2020 Corona carryover).

I cant find any entry place for that. and I have a 2 clients that were in FEMA disaster areas that the IRS recognizes for that treatment. The 8915-F has no 'entry' cells.  and the 1099-R worksheets don't have a 2021 line...at least not that I can find..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

BUMP

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Maybe the form is not "done" yet but PS programmed just enough to get the 1/3 COVID to work?

Did you try going to the field you want to enter data into and right-click to cross-reference to sources?  I wouldn't be surprised if the entries go on the bogus 8915-E somewhere.  I'm kinda surprised that's the best method they could come up with after 5 extra weeks of programming time.

Sorry I'm not much help.  You might need to call support. 😞

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

There are no direct entry cells on the 8915-F.  Guess I'll call support.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

after an hour and 45 minutes....support says they don't have that built into the program...

rbynaker
Level 13

WTH?!  Maybe if they had 12 extra weeks after the form instructions were released they could do this but since they only had 6 weeks . . .

I'm pretty sure it still just gets attached as a PDF but in PS you'd have to override stuff to get the numbers in the right places.

Ugh.

IntuitGabi

On the IRS website, (Appendix B Qualified Disaster Areas by Year) there are no qualified disasters for 2021. 
That might change. "This confusion may be cleared up in a later revision of the instructions, or by the 2021 version of Publication 575, which is expected soon." From:  IRS Issues Form 8915-F for Reporting Qualified Disaster Distributions and Repayments, Provides 2021 F...

rcooley25
Level 11

Maybe We should try and get the IRS to extend the tax season so a  certain  software company can get their act together.

0 Cheers