Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened to the "Remove the Splash Screen of a Woman Thread"?

It seems that Intuit has joined Facebook and Twitter in the censoring business.  If ProSeries would spend a little more time on solving  the "no" problem, or fixing the Form 8960 issue, instead of getting upset at another poster calling someone "General", we might actually get some value out of a $7000 program that only occasionally works the way it should.

Let's see how long it takes before they censor this.

17 Comments 17
sjrcpa
Level 15

Did you get a nastygram/get put into timeout?

This is not their first act of censorship. 

It is curious that they've all seem to have disappeared now. There were probably 5 or 6 of them.

Ex-AllStar

I got nothing.  I wasn't the target of their censorship. But when someone responded to the thread, it went to my email.  When I came here to view the thread, it was gone, gone, gone.

Now I bet ProSeries will disable the feature which sends a copy to your email.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't think they liked the discussion that the General and I were having so it was deleted.  It happens.  I'm waiting for my notice to report to the principal's office again.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I missed all the fun.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

General Stonewall Jackson came back from the dead to discuss the appearance of the nice lady that shows up on the ProSeries splash screen.  For those that use Lacerte, she isn't blonde like the lady that visits you in Lacerte.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Just hope they don't write your name in chalk and paddle you until it disappears. I used to hate that when they did that to me in school.....I have a long name.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, if they e-mail to tell me that is going to be my punishment, I am going to ask if I can choose an alternate and you will be my first pick. 😱

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I lied.....my name is a symbol, and the symbol is   .

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m sure you now qualify for a couple of extra whacks for lying 🤥

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Maybe they should spend some more time screening do-it-yourselfers who come on this forum to get free tax advice. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

They would never do that.  DIYers coming here are either existing Turdddotaxxx customers or potential Turdddotax customers ------------- you can't lock them out of fear of making them mad and have them spend their money elsewhere. 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX 

Wow, why didn't THEY think of that?  I've pointed out ad nauseum to them that this is the ONLY 'professional' forum I visit that doesn't vet posters.

So, why are we still here????????????????????????????????????????????????

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

I'm here for the Ole and Lena jokes.

abctax55
Level 15

For those of you that sacrificed.... I hope it worked and the lady goes away.  Soon.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

IronMaN!  So, you are the one who objected to my name and reported it to Gabi.  You exposed yourself.  😁

To Frustrated-in-IL:  I agree.  Well said.

taxes96786
Level 9

I think we all got nailed by PS on that one. Pretty sure they blocked it