Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the Postcard return it?

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah, what happened to the postcard return that we were suppose to get? ...Seems like every return I do is not only a pain, but also requires a ton of paper.... What a joke.👎

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It is part of the American Logger's Rescue and Recovery Plan - Code section 666.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

It is part of the American Logger's Rescue and Recovery Plan - Code section 666.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah right Ironman. A lot of suckers fell for that campaign promise....

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

2018 was supposed to be post card year.. the return was real hard to follow.. numbers just appeared, indented, other places, and you had to hunt where certain numbers came from.  2018 was the worst for following the flow on the return.

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio 👍@Yeah right. The postcard return is now 3 or 4 years old. I liked it better before this crap. When you could take a look at the first two pages of the return and see everything that you needed to know. Now with this postcard crap you have to go to a schedule. All it did was create more paper.... but the humanoids thought they were going to get a postcard return. They got crap that's what they got...🥔.. just my crappy opinion.

dkh
Level 15

I thought that same thing recently - the darn changes to give us a "post card" return (for the Florida Orange Man) only created extra schedules.  Those schedules are now two pages. 

And the 3 page Form 8812 - ugh! - I rarely have anything on page 2 and 3...what a waste!

IRonMaN
Level 15

But it is a beautiful return!🍊

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah a turd is beautiful too, to bacteria

rbynaker
Level 13

@Jim-from-Ohio wrote:

2018 was supposed to be post card year.. the return was real hard to follow.. numbers just appeared, indented, other places, and you had to hunt where certain numbers came from.  2018 was the worst for following the flow on the return.

Yeah, that was the dumbest tax form I've seen in my lifetime.  Do some math in your head based on numbers on this form and one or two other forms and just write the number down here.  Fortunately most of my clients are of the "where do I sign" variety.  There were a few I just had to give up and say "they don't let me make the tax forms, so this is what we're stuck with."

Taxprohere
Level 7

Does anyone remember the ill-fated 1040-PC, the horrible idiotic idea of reducing the 1040 just to numbers so IRS computers could scan and read....virtually an EF record. Happened during my days at HRB, we had to give this to clients and explain...yes, this really is your tax return!  Thankfully only lasted one year even if that as I remember.  (just checked, about 1999 though 'the internet' say earlier too.)