Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Occupation

dascpa
Level 11

Besides having a haunted house client I got my first acrobat as a client. Then I realized I was a juggler.  I'm juggling hundreds of clients at once.  I guess there are days I feel like the clown from "It".

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

I am working on getting my magician's degree so that I can make all of these returns disappear.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I had a client that ran a goat's milk farm.  I thought that was unique.

I have a client that makes leather purses / wallets / belts, etc  Guess where all my fees I charge him go....

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

One of the more interesting professions of my clients is a young lady that is a social media influencer.  She makes quite a bit doing that. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

We had a college student doing that.  She sold it off after a year or two for 6 figures.  After she sold that one, she started a new internet gig.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

My best was a Ferrier. He worked the local race tracks and fairs shoeing horses. 

I also had a client that sold clothing, appliances and things for a virtual world way back in the early days of the internet. Not uncommon now, but then it really seemed weird to me. He made good money doing it. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

I once had an arms dealer operating in the Middle East. 

Ex-AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

My farrier retired.  For years I spelled it ferrier, because it comes from the Latin word for iron.  They put up with me but I finally admitted my mistake. 

Wikipedia says for ferrier, "Not to be confused with farrier, a profession that specializes in hoof care (notably horseshoes)."

And Merriam-Webster online says a ferrier is a ferryman.  Like, women don't know how to cross rivers?  Or, it's an obsolete spelling of farrier.