Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wash sale

sffdib
Level 5

I have short term proceeds with basis reported to IRS, and wash sale. Do I need to enter every transaction or there is a better way? Box A transactions has two field one for Proceeds and Cost Basis. No space for wash sale. I understand that I could attached pdf file. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
JRC
Level 8

Enter the totals as one line. List broker's name &-see attached per broker and 8949 Box.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If there are wash sales youre supposed to enter the transaction down blow in the entry table...its got a box for wash sales down there, but I guess as long as your math is right and youve accounted for the wash , you could use the direst entry and bypass the 8949 up top.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sffdib
Level 5

They have six pages of transactions. It will take forever to enter each transaction. If I enter the total on one of lines at the Quick Entry Table, it is asking for the date sold and it will not accept "Various". It will only accept various for date acquired. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I summarize, enter a sales date from one of the sales, then Various for acquired date.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

Thank you. 

BobKamman
Level 15

I subtract the wash sales from the cost so the gain comes out right. When IRS asks me to do something that is both absurd and pointless, I risk the trip to Leavenworth.  

anitsche
Level 1

you can enter the totals for long term sales on one line,     and enter the short sales on its own line.