Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait times

wjgutcpa
Level 4

I am waiting to discuss Schedule J release dating, and am told it is a 1 hour wait. After an endless loop of the same jazz riff for a half hour I still have not been able to get to the schedule a call back time. What is going on THIS year that has them backed up for an hour at this stage of the game?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

"What is going on THIS year that has them backed up for an hour at this stage of the game?"

It's probably because of everybody calling about the 3/4 release date of schedule J and other late release forms 😬

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

After a long wait, you will have an agent go to https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates to look up the release date. Do it yourself and save on ear noise and frustration. Even if a date is listed, it might not really be the true date, but it is as close as you will get. Updates are generally on Thursday. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think the date IS the issue. 

Farmers and Fisherman need to file by 3/1 and the forms many of them need (4835 and Sch J)  wont be ready until 3/4

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
wjgutcpa
Level 4

I have 50 farmer returns impacted by not having Schedule J ready! Waiting for them to get this to me on March 4th is not an option. The average savings is 5,434 dollars. I cannot sign a return with that big of ERROR and state that "to the BEST of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and complete!"

I KNOW they are not true, correct and complete. My software is sorely lacking!! in accuracy.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, a lot of folks have been complaining about the issue.

Slava Ukraini!
wjgutcpa
Level 4

NO, Intuit, my problem is not solved. The form is not being updated until after the deadline and support says there is no work around. SO NO solution. AND once again Intuit has let me down. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin   @IntuitBettyJo @Orlando 

Can someone please address this in some way, shape, or form?  What are these preparers supposed to do?

wjgutcpa
Level 4

Thank you Lisa. I had a client today ask me why do I stay with Intuit when I have to explain to him, the client, year after year that the software is the reason I can't complete his return more timely.

I have sent some salesmen questions based on the problems I am having with ProSeries professional today to see where they are at and will start evaluating May 1 and hopefully have the switch in process by June. I'll finish 2020 on the new software to get some real time training using the software without the pressure of deadlines. After the last 4 years, I am done with this additional stress.

I see after my phone call to tech support, that the form now says it will be efile ready 2/25 today, still late should we have our normal spring blizzards for the farmers to get back in here, but we'll deal with that know issue as best as possible to meet the deadline. Thank the lord for portals, zoom and telephones. 

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Schedule J and Form 4835 will be final and available in ProSeries for e-filing on the update coming out February 25th, 2021

For more information on form availability for ProSeries, please see our Release Dates webpage. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Thanks Austin!

IRonMaN
Level 15

But no apology or attempts to extend an olive branch to try to keep wjgutcpa as a customer?  Intuit doesn't care if folks get pissed and walk away these days?

Slava Ukraini!