Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2 with box 12 code W $1150

Bev23292
Level 1

Hello.  I entered W-2 correctly box  12 code W employer hsa contribution of $1150.  I did not contribute to my hsa.  Schedule 1 is showing an adjustment to my income for this amount and there should/t be any.  This was a non taxable employer contribution.  Please assist,

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

This isn't hockey or basketball so please don't be looking for an assist here.  However, if you follow the canned information below and click on the link, you might get that assist you are looking for.

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Assuming youre a tax professional using  ProSeries software....

That W entry should have activated the Form 8889 as well (it should have a red error next to it in the Forms in Use window on the left margin), you need to go to the Form 8889 and check the Self or Family coverage box in the Smart Worksheet below Line 2 for that amount to be removed as taxable income.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪