Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-2 and e-filing

Max1
Level 1

I received a w2 with no income reported but there is withholdings.  I called the school district who produced the w-2 and stated it is correct.  They had to make adj based on the prior year.  It fails the error check and I cant efile.  Can I disable error checking before efiling knowing its correct or just mail?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Max1
Level 1

They adjusted for an insurance adjustment from the prior year instead of issuing a corrected w2 for that year. Nothing in box 1 but 2,12a,14, and 17. Crazy. I’ll just mail the returns. Thank you so much for responding. Haven’t seen this before. 

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Nothing in Box1 but an amount in Box 2?  Sounds weird....what did they take the withholdings out of?  You may be stuck mailing that one, whatever the reason, I dont think its correct they way its done.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Max1
Level 1

They adjusted for an insurance adjustment from the prior year instead of issuing a corrected w2 for that year. Nothing in box 1 but 2,12a,14, and 17. Crazy. I’ll just mail the returns. Thank you so much for responding. Haven’t seen this before.