Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginia Schedule A

HillBilly
Level 3

Have a Virginia return which has VA Sch A for itemized deductions.  Return has been efiled & accepted by the state.  The VA Sch A is required with this return when filing

Client received a letter yesterday requesting the VA Sch A be submitted to complete processing.  I assumed this was included when the state return was efiled.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  If so, is there a work around if this form is not included in the original efiling?

I have experience with attaching documents as PDF's to VA tax returns & usually somehow the tax dept doesn't receive the PDF's or they are lost.

Thanks so much for assistance.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

I get this on at least a half dozen clients every year.  No clue why.  Just end up faxing or mailing in Sch A and chalk it up to, who knows...

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If its just a one off, I wouldnt worry about it, transmission hiccups can happen, a file may have gotten corrupt or damaged in transit through cyberspace...if its ALL clients that are getting the letter, then yes, there may be an issue that needs to be addressed.

Ive had requests for missing forms from IRS that were very clearly included with the EFiled return that IRS says were not included.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

I get this on at least a half dozen clients every year.  No clue why.  Just end up faxing or mailing in Sch A and chalk it up to, who knows...