Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading tax software

mason1
Level 1

My ProSeries account is set to renew the first week of November, but i'm considering upgrading to Lacerte once i've had an opportunity to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of Lacerte software.

My question is would i be able to apply the ProSeries cost that i've already agreed to against the Lacerte software cost?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Why did you say that moving to Lacerte was an upgrade?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Were all just other users in here, that's a question for Intuit sales and support, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@mason1 wrote:

once i've had an opportunity to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of Lacerte software.

Don't even CONSIDER such a thing until you have actually TESTED the software and prepared a few tax returns.  THEN you can look more into if the advantages and disadvantages of Lacerte is worth the extra cost (and the HUGE learning curve to learn new software).

My personal opinion is that I would never recommend switching to an Intuit software (including to a different Intuit software than what you are currently using).

IRonMaN
Level 15

The software's aren't even close to being similar.  You best take a test drive before you sign on the dotted line for your new vehicle.

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Remember,  minus 1 equals zero.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
BobKamman
Level 15

I'm going to have to watch someone use Lacerte some day.  I  used to think it was only for real tax experts.  But now I have the impression it's for people who need to use screens in order to fill out forms.  This seems to me something like getting your mashed potatoes out of a box, and your coffee as powder from a jar. It occurred to me, maybe the more expert you are, the less you have to pay for software, because the less expensive brand requires more synapses firing.  

Where can I find software that has worksheets that help you fill out screens?