Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

rcooley25
Level 11

I need someone to educate me.

Under updates we have a command to diactivate updates.

Under what circumstancess would anyone want to do that?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

A whole bunch of us over the years have trained ourselves to update on a regular basis, There are some of us who are (possibly overly) cautious about being the first to install updates and prefer to wait a day or two and see what gets posted here about "The last update screwed up........(whatever) , which allows us to delay the update until another update fixes the first.

And some of us prefer to take the responsibility to make sure everything is up to date before filing a return rather than have a "babysittingsoftwaredevelopercontrolfreak" decide what we should do.

I turned it off on mine and will manually update a couple of times a week when I boot up in the morning.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

A whole bunch of us over the years have trained ourselves to update on a regular basis, There are some of us who are (possibly overly) cautious about being the first to install updates and prefer to wait a day or two and see what gets posted here about "The last update screwed up........(whatever) , which allows us to delay the update until another update fixes the first.

And some of us prefer to take the responsibility to make sure everything is up to date before filing a return rather than have a "babysittingsoftwaredevelopercontrolfreak" decide what we should do.

I turned it off on mine and will manually update a couple of times a week when I boot up in the morning.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yesterdays background update made a window pop up asking me if I wanted to allow msi.exe to make change to my computer....if I didnt realize that msi.exe was part of Intuits installer, I probably would have chosen NO and started freaking out and running my anti virus....I dont want pops ups trying to make changes when I'm  not expecting it, especially when Ive got a client at my desk and Im knee deep in a tax return!!

If you have no issues with updates happening in the background, just leave it as is.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

Thank You

I was not aware of a problem with updates being wrong.

In fact  I have not had the problems that some of you have had .

The only problem I have had is this year with form 8915F

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

That is my thought exactly.

That pop up from Intuit yesterday seemed so strange I not only not answered it I simply dfeleted it from my screen.

0 Cheers