Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Update installed products"

rbrust2
Level 1

When I try to "update installed products" for basic ...... nothing happens .... this problem appears to only be for  2021, all other years run fine

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

The updates are now automatic, they took away the manual control.  As a side note, after some of us did some complaining, they are supposed to put the manual transmission back in sometime this month.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2021 auto updates in the background.  To be sure youre getting updates, check here

Top menu bar  Information > Logs > Updates Log

That being said, seeing lots of complaints about state returns that should be final, not showing as final on screen and telling you updates are available on the yellow bar, which is apparently not true.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ljsmith2
Level 4

For quite a while now, when I click "Update Installed Products" there is never an update, but... when I click "refresh updates" ---then--- "refresh updates for installed products",  there is almost always an update to be applied so this my new manual daily update.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
refresh updates is supposed to be the same as repair updates, which is suppose to dump the updates you currently have and downloads them fresh again...so yes, you should see something happen when you refresh.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

How interesting!

Thanks, Lisa.

Sounds like I don't need to perform the refresh.

0 Cheers