Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment rules changed

Ernie
Level 9

The rules to determine if the clients are able to exclude some/all unemployment from being taxable have changed.  On the Unemployment Compensation Exclusion Worksheet they changed rule number 10 to read "Enter the amount from Schedule 1, lines 1 through 6. Don't include any amount of unemployment compensation from Schedule 1, line 7 on this line".  

This means that unemployment does not count to get you 150,000 or 75,000, etc.  Pro Series is not currently updated for this.

Dusty Ernie

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Ernie
Level 9

@Orlando  just an FYI.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS just released the new worksheet yesterday.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Then the software should have been updated yesterday!

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Ernie
Level 9

Lisa:

I understand that they just updated the rules but INTUIT / PROSERIES does not communicate at all with us so I figured that I would let people know.

Dusty Ernie

IRonMaN
Level 15

Ernie - it's the thought that counts, but you have to remember - other than the regulars here and maybe 3 others, nobody ever looks before they ask.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

IRS does very little to communicate with us, also.  I pay enough for software, I don't want to pay extra for Intuit Breaking News.  

0 Cheers