Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment dropped off 1040?

LizPS
Level 4

On 3/15 I generated Form 8879 and sent it to my client.  I receive it back on 3/20 and did not think to double check everything since the return had not been touched.  I transmitted his returns.  Not until I was writing up notes did I realize that his 1099-G unemployment "dropped" from the 1040 and this AGI calculation reducing tax liability by $1000 and screwing up the State return as well.

Was there a system change?  Do I need to file amended returns now?

Liz

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Liz there was a recent update to take into account the exclusion of the first $10,200 of unemployment compensation received, per recent tax law change.. Do a search of this forum and you can read all about it.. Just my opinion

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
PATAX
Level 15

Liz there was a recent update to take into account the exclusion of the first $10,200 of unemployment compensation received, per recent tax law change.. Do a search of this forum and you can read all about it.. Just my opinion

sjrcpa
Level 15

Your federal return as filed is probably correct but your state return may be messed up.

Ex-AllStar