Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TY20 California Individual Information Worksheet Principal Residence Error

UberSuave
Level 2

This was an issue last week:
"An unexpected behavior has been identified with the TY20 California Information Worksheet. Part I for the principal residence is not allowing the selection of the checkbox to confirm the physical address matches the address entered above. This only impacts taxpayers under the age of 18.
There is a conflict between the government instructions and the electronic filing requirements. The government instructions advise to only complete the principal residence section if you are at least 18 years of age and filing as a resident of California."

This week I am having an issue with a part year resident filing 540NR. I cannot check either of the boxes for "Is your address above the same as your principal/physical residence address?"

Is there any way around this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had 2- 540NR returns today, no issues, it doesnt prompt me for that section to be completed....there was an update today, did you get it installed?

Be sure youve got the correct states listed at the bottom of the federal info worksheet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
UberSuave
Level 2

I am up to date.

I've never entered the multiple state info in the federal info worksheet. Do you think that may be what's causing the issue?

0 Cheers