Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Uninstall Proseries 2022 and Reinstall on a different network/same computer. But I keep getting errors that won't allow the Uninstall.

alyciaricci3
Level 1

I purchased 2023 ProSeries on a computer that I used at a different office. I am now working as an independent contractor. Proseries 2023 downloaded fine. But 2022 will not uninstall because 

"Uninstall cannot continue.

Unable to connect to the Admin Workstation. Please verify network connection and try again."

I am wondering why this error is occurring when ProSeries 2023 downloaded and installed completely fine and I should now have a valid license/credential to use ProSeries 2022. But it won't allow me to open it either due to "Common Folder" issue. All I want to do is uninstall ProSeries 2022 and then reinstall it from my account that I just purchased 2023 on but I cannot unistall it, I can not delete it, and I don't know what to do at this point?

Do I have to bring the computer back to my old office... connect it to that network and then uninstall it there... and then bring it back to my house.. and reinstall it there?

When I looked through the solutions it tells me to access ProWinYY(22) and go through some steps until I open ProWin22.ini and make sure that Common Folders= path matches the path noted earlier...

Yet there is NO path mentioned earlier on that entire page, or under any other "solution" so I'm not sure what that path is supposed to match or say.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you for your advice and input,

Alycia

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new ProSeries Tool Hub
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-p... Maybe the FORCE install will solve. 

I use Lacerte and have sometimes installed my single user as network. There has never been a problem as long as I use it as a single user.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers