Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusts

ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

Is it just me, or is ProSeries really bad when it comes to Trusts?

Complex trust. We should distribute everything to the beneficiary. This should be straightforward. I should simply be able to enter it right on the form, or at least have the form lead me to a place where I can enter it. But no. 

I've tried searching on "distributions" and "allocations" and "payouts." None of these give me anything close to the right answer.

I've clicked the magnifying glass by the line where the number should go, and it just takes me to the 1099 where the actual amount of income goes, which is where I put the income, but then it just allocates 100% to the trust, and 0% to the beneficiaries, and there's nothing there to allow me to change this.

I've tried over-writing the line where it should go, but that only makes it worse, and then it tries to correct me by un-allocating it on the next page, which infuriates me even more.

So here it is, 1 week from deadline, and I can't finish this *$()#R( *W($T return. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
BobKamman
Level 15

Form 1041, Page 2, Schedule B, Lines 9 and 10.  Always works for me.  I don't understand the question. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

^^^^ this^^^^^

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

Have you checked your input of % or $ on the beneficiary K-1 worksheet?  That controls all, not the complex trust checkbox.