Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of 2022,21,20 and 19 files

gmf07
Level 1

How can I transfer files of the above years from

old computer to new computer?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

ProConnect is web based. Log in on your new computer?

Ex-AllStar
gmf07
Level 1

Can you provide me with a step by step instructions to

download 2020,2021 and 2022 completed Proseries federal 

and State returns from old computer to new computer?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Your first job is to post your question with ProSeries, NOT with ProConnect. Totally different programs. 

Hopefully you will find all you need in this article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/install-products/installing-proseries-new-c...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
cjdykeman
Level 2

It's a simple question.  I've been doing this since it was calculators, read the IRS regulations every year yourself, pencil in your foundation then do paper returns in ink with no errors, copy for the client, and send by mail. I know it sounds crazy, but it was.  Tax pro yes, Geek "no".  Had to get a new computer downloaded and installed the last 3 years to keep history on clients. So when I do the memory stick to get from one computer to another do I transfer to the stick or copy returns to the stick.  Tranferring seems reasonable, but I need full returns, not just client info.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The steps in the link above are how to get the client data files. In the days of floppy disks and paper returns, you had a file cabinet. In more modern times did you keep a pdf file copy of what was sent to the government? You can copy those pdf files to the memory stick and stick it some place safe. If you did not make those pdf files, then use the data files you restore to your new computer and print pdf form that.

I did pencil copies of the tax returns, made copies and sent one of those copies with signature in pen. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns