Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer 2021 org files to 2021 1040 files. Certain files will not transfer while most will. We get an explanation of an unknown error on transfer with code 900. Is this a program error?

JimS7
Level 1

Transferred all 2020 1040 date files to 2021 organizer Homebase without issue.  Did normal work to update the org files for address changes, etc., and add certain forms in the organizer for clients with new business or home sales in 2021.  Issued all organizers by email or paper mailing.  In the 1040 Homebase went to transfer all client files from 2021 org to 2021 1040 files.

Most files transferred but about 17% would not transfer.  Transfer error message said "unknown error unable to transfer(900)".  Intuit says it has no problem in the program and suggested Windows problem and then antivurus software problem.  Windows possible problem was eliminated and the same with antivirus possible problem.

The only common factor I can see in the untransferred files is that all contain at least one partnership and/or Subchapter S K-1 input worksheet.

Intuit said ask you guys.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Intuit said ask you guys"

So the paid people tell you to buzz off and ask the unpaid people? 🤔

I assume you tried more than once and you rebooted your computer in between?  Have you tried transferring in batches rather than trying to transfer all at one time?  What did the paid support person have you try?

Slava Ukraini!
kst843
Level 3

JimS7,

I am having the same issue. I have identified that the clients that did not transfer do have K-1s.I called ProSeries also and they did not have a resolution. When I further explained the clients that did not transfer had K-1s I was then told to maybe wait until 2/10 to transfer when the K-1s are final.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I have never even tried to transfer Org files to 1040 files.

I transfer 2020 1040 to 2021Org for the organizers,

Then I re-transfer 2020 1040 to 2021 1040, as the returns are ready to be prepared.

Never actually even thought about the possibility of the org to 1040 transfer, but the other way has been working for me for 20+years. (including this year.)

IRonMaN
Level 15

I missed the “org” part of the question.  Why would a person do that instead of just transferring from the prior return?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im glad you posted this! I didnt understand why you would transfer the organizer to the tax return like that either.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪