Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many attachments to efile?????

nancy2
Level 5

So, because of the K-2 and K-3 pdfs I now get an error that says the file is too large to be efiled????  Anyone have a solution for THAT?  

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
nancy2
Level 5

@dascpa   So, looking at my pdfs, I realized that the actual K-2 and K-3 file size was huge.  So....  I printed them.... yes, printed them ... 60 pages for the K-3.  Scanned them again in a much lower definition and reduced the size of the file dramatically.  Of course, they aren't pleasant to read but you can make them out.  Let the IRS have fun with that!  It went through when I took off the old attachments and put the new ones in there instead.  

Btw, I had to do them by hand because the ProSeries features didn't work.  Got error after error trying to use their worksheet.  Gave up.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
rbynaker
Level 13

Wait and efile in the summer?

What a mess.

Someone posted on another list that their client received a K-1 with a statement attached that the K-2/K-3 would be available in August upon request.  I thought this was a pretty good approach.  Doesn't hold up the K-1 recipient from filing if they don't have an 1116 filing requirement.  If they do, they're not holding up everyone else.

Rick

BobKamman
Level 15

Paper return.  Unemployment is raging because of inflation from high oil prices found only in this country, and the Administration is looking for ways to make work for people.  

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Seriously this is becoming a mess for everyone. 

Have a wonderful Day!

dascpa
Level 11

I previously posted that a client has a .pdf of 18,000+ pages of crypto transactions.  File is way too large to attach and I'm certainly not mailing 3.6 cases of paper.  Haven't figured that one out either.

BobKamman
Level 15

"Data available on request"  

That's what the rich people do

nancy2
Level 5

I actually received a K-1 from a publicly traded partnership.  It was marked as having a K-3 attached.  But there wasn't one.  I don't care.  I don't need it.  Did give me comfort though that anything I do is going to be accepted.

0 Cheers
nancy2
Level 5

@BobKamman Going to be interesting to see what they require next year.  Seems like this has been such a sh*t show they are going to have to do something.

0 Cheers
nancy2
Level 5

@dascpa   So, looking at my pdfs, I realized that the actual K-2 and K-3 file size was huge.  So....  I printed them.... yes, printed them ... 60 pages for the K-3.  Scanned them again in a much lower definition and reduced the size of the file dramatically.  Of course, they aren't pleasant to read but you can make them out.  Let the IRS have fun with that!  It went through when I took off the old attachments and put the new ones in there instead.  

Btw, I had to do them by hand because the ProSeries features didn't work.  Got error after error trying to use their worksheet.  Gave up.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

😊😊😊 You think someone at IRS is really going to look at them?

nancy2
Level 5

@BobKamman  Don't know.  Not my problem.  🙂  

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@nancy2 wrote:

the file is too large to be efiled????  

You can use a PDF program to shrink the size of the file (lower quality).

0 Cheers