Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thursday morning updates = Thursday morning program crash

ljr
Level 8

Just asking if anyone else has any issues after this mornings update? Program updated, working on return and it flashes an internal error message, locks the client file and closes the program. Couldn't get back in so did all tool hub repairs. Got back in but still getting file in use by another user message. Tried all the listed fixes and still nothing file locked. Since I just started not much info to be lost so I deleted file and will start over. What a way to waste an hour and my poor blood pressure. 

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Note to self -------------------- don't do any updates today.

Slava Ukraini!
ljr
Level 8

and now error building cache 557

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze  can you look int this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@ljr  can you provide what OS youre using, and what version of ProSeries is causing the issue?

My home system is running Win 11 with stand alone Pro on automatic updates, looks like it updated at 4 o'clock  this morning, I opened and scrolled through a few returns I have here at home, so far so good.

ljr
Level 8

I'm not on 11 think it is 10 professional

2022 version - 2021 was working okay

list so far:

can't save a file : save encountered improper arguement - shuts program down

error code 131

error building cache 557

client file locked by another user (i'm the only one on right now)

Think I have to call support - now to find the number. . . .

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you on a stand alone version or networked?   (trying to get enough info in here that when an Intuit person jumps in, theyve got enough info to pass along)

PATAX
Level 15

Update was downloaded and didn't have any issues. Finally some luck. What we have to go through now just to prepare a return.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I updated here at the office, then started up the program, first return I go to print I got a Print error, figured Oh no, here we go!  But it was me, I didnt turn the printer on  LOL

ljr
Level 8

2 hours on with support. It is working now but they think it might have been because a windows update came in AFTER the proseries update. Something in the Proseries update was dependent on the other update. We uninstalled and reinstalled program. It's May I'm not updating the program anymore - lol. Lunch break then we will really see if it works later. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Forget lunch.  Go home and try again tomorrow.  What a way to spend a morning 😬

Slava Ukraini!
ljr
Level 8

I went home early. LOL.