Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third party designee

TaylorTax
Level 2

this is my first year with proseries professional.  Is there anyway to have Third party designee marked yes and the information populated on all returns instead of doing it individually?  If so, how??

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dascpa
Level 11

Tools > Options

taxes96786
Level 9

Are you saying that you, as the preparer, are not the designee for the returns you prepare? Is the client asking you to name someone else as designee?

0 Cheers
TaylorTax
Level 2

Looked there… even called pro series helpdesk. They said it couldn’t be done.

0 Cheers
TaylorTax
Level 2

I would like my name as the preparer to show up in that box, but it’s not giving me an option

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I thought there was an option for that, but Im not seeing it.

Since this is your first year, all your clients will be new clients?    You can edit the client template for that section to always be filled in.

Open a client file> Edit Client Template   Choose your return type, when it opens, scroll down to the Third Party Designees section and complete it.   Now exit and save.   All new clients will have that section completed with the info you input.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Just check it in the information worksheet. That's all it takes one second

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ok, it is in the option, but you can only access it if youre IN a client return.
Tools > Options >Misc

it only applies to new clients, same as editing the client template.

3rdparty1.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪