Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The troops are restless today

IRonMaN
Level 15

Some of the folks got a little restless today, so I thought I would do my best to speed up things at Intuit.  Since 3/17 is the start of tax season for Intuit, I thought I would start with the 3/17 jokes.  Since @joshuabarksatlcs  wanted Paddy jokes, I thought I would break with my tradition and honor his wishes.  Happy 3/17 everyone:

Paddy was worried that his wife Mary’s hearing wasn’t as good as it used to be. So he thought she might need a hearing aid.

Unsure how to bring up the issue with her, he called the family doctor to discuss the problem.

The doctor said, “There’s a simple, informal test you could perform to get a better idea about her hearing loss.

“Here’s what you do,” said the doctor. “Stand about 40 feet away from her and in a normal conversational speaking tone to see if she hears you.”

He continued, “If not, stand about 30 feet away, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response.”

So Paddy left the doctors and decided to head to the pub before going home.

Later that day, when he gets home from the pub, he sees Mary in the kitchen cooking dinner. Standing in the hallway, Paddy thinks to himself; I’m about 40 feet away now. Let’s try this test and see what happens.

In a normal conversational tone, he asks, “Mary, what’s for dinner, my lovely?”

He is greeted with no response, so he moves closer. Stopping at around 30 feet from her, he says, “Mary, what’s for dinner ?”

Still no response, so he moves closer to about 20 feet away.

He asks, for a third time, “Mary, for christ’s sake, can ye be telling me what’s for dinner?”

Still nothing. So he tries again. This time standing again at 10 feet away, but still no response.

So, getting desperate, Paddy walks up, stands directly behind his wife and says, “Mary, can you tell me what’s for dinner?”

She replies, “For feck’s sake, Paddy. For the fifth time, it’s chicken!”

Slava Ukraini!
7 Comments 7
gma
Level 3

I just told someone the joke, He cracked up!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Mission accomplished!

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Don't thank @IRonMaN for the joke.

Thank ME for expecting him to tell a Paddy joke to kick off our Intuit tax season.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

But this is an Intuit product.  We all know expectations are rarely met with an Intuit product.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Speak for yourself.

I bought Intuit at six...

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: The troops are restless today

And likely tomorrow....

IRonMaN
Level 15

......... and the next day.

Slava Ukraini!