Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the client letter

Jean40
Level 2

ProSeries has deleted my very edited client letter which took me YEARS to perfect.  How can I copy it from 2018 (on Windows 7.  It is gone on Windows 10.) and past it to 2019?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
taxshack
Level 5

Have you tried copying it to a Word Doc and then copy pasting from there into 2019?

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I just copy mine from my prior year's ProSeries each year. But I use the ProSeries codes, etc extensively.

I just open up the prior year's standard letter( which is basically my perfected client letter, that I save as the Standard Letter each year).  I drag the mouse over the whole letter...……..hit the copy icon (yes in the prior year)...open up the Standard letter in the current year....go to the bottom of the letter as a precaution...and hit the paste icon.

then review..and if my pasted part works fine...i just delete the standard letter above that comes with the program. and save as my standard letter.  Then use the Custom Letter feature to print in each individual return. (which is different this year for sure)

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
taxshack
Level 5

Yes I essentially just open up the prior year and copy the whole thing and paste into the new year too.  But if I'm reading it right, it sounds like the programs are on two different computers because one is in Windows 7 and one is Windows 10.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong though?

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@taxshack I guess that is his question.  I actually copied my letter into Word, and emailed it to  a user on here a couple years ago.  He just copied from Word into the the Standard Letter and went on.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.