Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AOTC credit and due diligent page are not working on the program, does Intuit have a fix

jf-shine
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 8867 wont let you mark the box because its not giving you the credit...go back and review your Student Information worksheet, it will show you which credits you qualify for and if you don't qualify, it will tell you why.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 8867 wont let you mark the box because its not giving you the credit...go back and review your Student Information worksheet, it will show you which credits you qualify for and if you don't qualify, it will tell you why.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

explain your issue in more detail and maybe we can help you. I have done an AOTC client and I did not have a problem. I will be running back to back here shortly so one of the other Allstars may be able to help you. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I didn't notice anything out of place on mine either....you'll need to be more detailed in your question...."not working" is quite a broad description.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
They evidently do have a fix since it seems to be working for everyone else.  What exactly is the issue?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jf-shine
Level 1
my program is not calculating the credit or letting me check the AOTC box on the due diligence page
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Have you filled in all of the necessary worksheets and answered the questions on those worksheets properly?  Are you also clicking on the little box to calculate the credit?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jf-shine
Level 1
Thanks to All
0 Cheers
skeramidas
Level 4
Maybe your client made too much money and the dependent didn't get the AOTC
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15